The Firmware Page

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 10:15 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next
 PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 8:01 pm 
Posting Wizard

saldeen wrote:
would anyone kindly reactivate a DL-link for a RPC-1 flash to the UJ-898 Revision HE13?

Here it is: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?hk5ys14hjnfh3cb

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:44 am 

Can someone please post a link, or email it to me direct, for firmware for a UJ-8A8 HB-14. I cannot find a link that still works.

Thanks,

PauLD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:35 am 
Administrator
Administrator

pdaviesoz wrote:
Can someone please post a link, or email it to me direct, for firmware for a UJ-8A8 HB-14. I cannot find a link that still works.

Thanks,

PauLD

You want to get banned??

You failed to apply to our rules and even failed to follow post #1 in this thread! Whats up with you? This is no douchebag forum. Do your homework!

You can make your existing firmware RPC1 yourself as explained here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46246

I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring DVD-R (A) & HD-DVD media, any size, any brand. Please pm me if you can help. \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:24 am 

Sorry. Which rule did I break? WinDoze instructions aren't much good to a Mac user.

All the posts I read - and there are SOOOO many, say you need the correct firmware. EVERY link posted here in the forums for this drive has been dropped by the host sites.

So I'm trying to find one that isn't, just like the guy in the post before me.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:06 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

I'm not sure you even know exactly what you want....

Where is the firmware you mention being posted here in this thread, where?

Read post#1 carefully

BTW, if you want to achieve something you have to start by making some efforts first. Nothing like "WinDoze instructions aren't much good to a Mac user.", because that's BS.

I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring DVD-R (A) & HD-DVD media, any size, any brand. Please pm me if you can help. \:D/

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:44 pm 

Hello,

I'm trying to flash my macbook pro, it has a Matshita UJ 8A8, firmware HA13. From what I can gather from the first post here and the windows post, I know how to generate my own .dat file and to use the flasher with mountain lion.

My problem is that I am having trouble generating the .dat file. I tried to use the mem dump (the version listed in the first post), and all I get is:

me@my-macbook:~$ /Users/me/Downloads/matshita_mem_dump ; exit;
compiled at Jan 25 2010 00:02:51
logout

[Process completed]

I've searched through the forums and cannot find one already posted somewhere. I have found mentions of other people looking for this, but the links I am coming across are dead (mediafire says invalid file or similar such nonsense). I have also searched the rpc1 files for 'uj' and 'matshita'. I do see that uj 867 also has version ha13 for the firmware, but I don't know if that is compatible with the 8a8.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:50 am 

bugmenot wrote:
Please make this a sticky to help others.

Directions for patching (making region free) the following drives on a Mac: UJ-84x, UJ-85x, UJ-86x, UJ-87x, UJ-88x, UJ-89x

Requirements:
-a Mac running the latest patch of your release 10.5.8, 10.6.8, 10.7.x
-a windows install disk (not an upgrade)
-20GB of free space for XP or 30GB of free space for Vista/7
-a blank cd/dvd or a USB thumb drive
-WinDump http://files.rpc1.org/index.php?act=view&id=5823
-WinFlash http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/Matshita/MatshitaWinFlash.zip
-DVD Info X http://xvi.rpc1.org/
-Region X http://xvi.rpc1.org/

Steps:
-From OS X go to Applications -> Utilities -> Boot Camp Assistant
-Print the directions
-press continue and insert either your blank cd/dvd or your usb thumb drive (note* if using the usb thumb drive use the Disk Utility to format it in the FAT format)
-Check "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple" and press continue
-This will take a long time to "format disk" because it is actually downloading the software from apple during this time and their servers are really slow
-After the support software done installing, insert your windows install disk and continue
-It should correctly partition your drive, but just in case, ensure that windows Vista/7 has 20GB of space or XP has 10GB with OS X having at least 10GB remaining
-Press Install
-It will do some stuff and then boot into Windows
-Install Windows like normal, being sure to select the BootCamp partition and formatting it using the Advanced button
-Once Windows is done installing, insert your Apple Support software disk or USB stick that you created and run the setup.exe file
-Once that is done installing, reboot
-Now that you are back in windows with all of the drivers installed, download WinDump and WinFlash from links in the requirements section
-Run the MatshitaWinDump.bat file to backup your current firmware and to create the patched region free firmware
-Drag the patched firmware (ends in RPC1.dat) onto the MatshitaWinFlash.bat to install the patched firmware
-Click the grey bootcamp icon in the bottom right of the screen and select Boot into OS X to return to your Mac
-Now that you are back in OS X, run DVDInfoX to confirm that you drive is now region free
-Reset your region change count back to 5 with RegionX
-Uninstall Windows by going to Applications -> Utilities -> Boot Camp Assistant
-Remove Windows should be checked already
-Click Remove/Continue to regain the space lost to Windows and to remove all trace of it
-You have now successfully patched your firmware
-If this worked for you, please reply with your drive model and firmware version so that we know it worked and also so that a google search for your drive will point others to this post. It should look something like:

Matshita UJ-898 HE13

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It worked!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been trying for almost a year to find a way to unlock my DVD drive! Alright, these are my specs:

Macbook 6,1
MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-898: Firmware Revision: HD09

I'm pretty sure that this firmware revision is IMPOSSIBLE to find on the web and this was the only way I could do it. It took me a very long time, I had to get a copy of Windows, burn it on a DVD, do the whole Bootcamp thing, etc. It took me 3 hours in total but it was worth it. (I was determined to flash my drive because I had just returned from the Apple Store and the incompetents wanted me to buy a new dvd drive...) Well, it worked... good luck!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:44 am 
Posting Wizard

CaffiendPenguin wrote:
Matshita UJ 8A8, firmware HA13.
I've searched through the forums and cannot find one already posted somewhere. I have found mentions of other people looking for this, but the links I am coming across are dead (mediafire says invalid file or similar such nonsense).

Here's a copy of the requested UJ-8A8 HA13 firmware: http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/96084878/file.html

CaffiendPenguin wrote:
I do see that uj 867 also has version ha13 for the firmware, but I don't know if that is compatible with the 8a8.

Of course it is not compatible! It is for a completely different drive with completely different hardware ...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:49 am 
Posting Wizard

pdaviesoz wrote:

Here's a fresh link for the UJ-8A8 HB14: http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/17791608/file.html

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:53 am 
Posting Wizard

gzaiden wrote:
MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-898: Firmware Revision: HD09[/b]

I'm pretty sure that this firmware revision is IMPOSSIBLE to find on the web ...

It might not be a bad idea to post a copy for us too then :wink:

You could upload the original and the RPC1 dat files to Mediafire or Zippyshare for example, and then post the link here.

PS. The UJ-898 HD10 firmware from post #1 sounds like a newer firmware update fit for your drive...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:49 am 

Thank You cvs..

PaulD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:09 pm 

pdaviesoz wrote:
Thank You cvs..

PaulD

Do you have the RPC1 dat file?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:51 am 

Running matshita_mem_dump in Mac OS X 10.6.7 doesn't work. It exits and says "[process completed]". No dump file to be seen anywhere.

Is there a fix for this?

Running the version of DVD Info X linked to in this thread in Mac OS X 10.6.7 doesn't work, it just hangs.

I Googled "DVD Info X", and downloaded the currently newest version, 3.0b5 (5), and it works great!
So, that link should get updated. As well as the link here: http://files.rpc1.org/index.php?act=category&id=1851 .

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 2:48 pm 

Hi i have a MATSHITA CD-RW CW-8221:

Firmware Revision: GA0J
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw

this is running on a 13" macbook 2006

can you please tell me what is the latest firmware for this drive?

I tried doing a dump but it says error reading

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:00 am 

Hi everyone. :)

Just wondering if someone can advise me as to whether or not the firmware for UJ-898 HC10 would work for HC09 as well?

Thanks in advance!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:30 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

theonlyphilbee wrote:
Hi i have a MATSHITA CD-RW CW-8221:

Firmware Revision: GA0J
Interconnect: ATAPI
Burn Support: Yes (Apple Shipping Drive)
Cache: 2048 KB
Reads DVD: Yes
CD-Write: -R, -RW
Write Strategies: CD-TAO, CD-SAO, CD-Raw

this is running on a 13" macbook 2006

can you please tell me what is the latest firmware for this drive?

I tried doing a dump but it says error reading

Dude, read post #1!! Open up your eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:44 pm 
Posting Wizard

terrinet wrote:
Hi everyone. :)

Just wondering if someone can advise me as to whether or not the firmware for UJ-898 HC10 would work for HC09 as well?

Thanks in advance!

I don't see why not, since they seem to have the same OEM root. Give it a go ... If the firmware doesn't match, then the flash tool will refuse to flash it and/or the drive won't accept it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:56 pm 
Posting Wizard

offtheroad wrote:
Do you have the RPC1 dat file?

#-o Click the download link you must! The archive(s) both the stock and RPC1 firmware files include ... :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:05 am 

Thank you, cvs! I was worried about bricking my drive, but as it turned out, that worked a charm. :) Awesome!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:32 am 

bugmenot wrote:
Please make this a sticky to help others.

Directions for patching (making region free) the following drives on a Mac: UJ-84x, UJ-85x, UJ-86x, UJ-87x, UJ-88x, UJ-89x

Requirements:
-a Mac running the latest patch of your release 10.5.8, 10.6.8, 10.7.x
-a windows install disk (not an upgrade)
-20GB of free space for XP or 30GB of free space for Vista/7
-a blank cd/dvd or a USB thumb drive
-WinDump http://files.rpc1.org/index.php?act=view&id=5823
-WinFlash http://ala42.cdfreaks.com/Matshita/MatshitaWinFlash.zip
-DVD Info X http://xvi.rpc1.org/
-Region X http://xvi.rpc1.org/

Steps:
-From OS X go to Applications -> Utilities -> Boot Camp Assistant
-Print the directions
-press continue and insert either your blank cd/dvd or your usb thumb drive (note* if using the usb thumb drive use the Disk Utility to format it in the FAT format)
-Check "Download the latest Windows support software from Apple" and press continue
-This will take a long time to "format disk" because it is actually downloading the software from apple during this time and their servers are really slow
-After the support software done installing, insert your windows install disk and continue
-It should correctly partition your drive, but just in case, ensure that windows Vista/7 has 20GB of space or XP has 10GB with OS X having at least 10GB remaining
-Press Install
-It will do some stuff and then boot into Windows
-Install Windows like normal, being sure to select the BootCamp partition and formatting it using the Advanced button
-Once Windows is done installing, insert your Apple Support software disk or USB stick that you created and run the setup.exe file
-Once that is done installing, reboot
-Now that you are back in windows with all of the drivers installed, download WinDump and WinFlash from links in the requirements section
-Run the MatshitaWinDump.bat file to backup your current firmware and to create the patched region free firmware
-Drag the patched firmware (ends in RPC1.dat) onto the MatshitaWinFlash.bat to install the patched firmware
-Click the grey bootcamp icon in the bottom right of the screen and select Boot into OS X to return to your Mac
-Now that you are back in OS X, run DVDInfoX to confirm that you drive is now region free
-Reset your region change count back to 5 with RegionX
-Uninstall Windows by going to Applications -> Utilities -> Boot Camp Assistant
-Remove Windows should be checked already
-Click Remove/Continue to regain the space lost to Windows and to remove all trace of it
-You have now successfully patched your firmware
-If this worked for you, please reply with your drive model and firmware version so that we know it worked and also so that a google search for your drive will point others to this post. It should look something like:

Matshita UJ-898 HE13

This worked for me. Just have to make sure you extract WinDump and WinFlash on to your computer, NOT a USB drive.

MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-898:
Firmware Revision: HE13

Link to dump
http://www.mediafire.com/?8x12h8shg6uuprd

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:05 pm 

Please take several dumps and see if their md5 hashes match.

I have not been able to get any two to be identical, though they all have the same file size.

I was comparing non-patched images to non-patched images.

At least in Windows I get something. In Mac OS X, I get no output files at all.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 am 

Hi to all,
Just want it to share my successful patching MATSHITA UJ-8A8 fw:HA13 to HA13 RPC1 Region Free
This was done on MacBook Pro Late 2011 with OS X 10.8.2 (mountain lion):
On this link you can find all the stuff you need to patch it.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2a9re6kinl3lyb5
Unpack MATSHITA DVD-R UJ-8A8 2.zip (downloaded) file.
Content:
(DVD Info X 3 - gives you info about your drive and region free,
Matshita factory and rpc1 firmware for this drive,Matshita Flasher 0.6,
Region X - software for choosing regions)

1. Step
- Check your drive with DVD Info X 3
It will tell you that your drive is yes or not Region Free.
2. Step
- Open TERMINAL window from Utilites on one side of the desktop
- In unziped folder you've downloaded Right click MatshitaFlasher 0.6 /click on Show Package Contents /you'll see Contents folder in Finder /click on Contents then Resources folder/ with drag & drop action take SRIPT file and place it in Terminal window.
- If you are still in Resorces folder, with the same action drag & drop MATSHITADVD-R___UJ-8A8__HA13_RPC1.dat file in Terminal window.
- Hit Return or Enter
- Terminal should write something like this:

compiled at Apr 14 2011 22:33:18
Selected device: MATSHITADVD-R UJ-8A8 HA1
Continue?
type y (for yes)

Whait for a minute or two till he finish flashing and your drive is coocked for all Regions.
3. Step
Check again with
- DVD Info X 3
Status : RPC-1 (region free), also check pink Text under Status.

That's All
Cheers

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:41 pm 
Posting Wizard

SpawnHappyJake wrote:
Please take several dumps and see if their md5 hashes match.

I have not been able to get any two to be identical, though they all have the same file size.

I was comparing non-patched images to non-patched images.

That's perfectly normal and it is the result of the firmware encryption mechanism the tool uses to repackage the firmware dump into a suitable compressed/encrypted format which can be flashed. Because of that no two dumps will be the same on the outside in their packed form, but once they are unpacked, the uncompressed/unencrypted firmware inside is exactly the same. There's nothing to be worried about really.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:23 pm 

Thank you for qualming my fears, cvs.
(this came up here as well: http://www.rpc1.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46246&start=375 )

So the encryption takes in random input?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:29 pm 

Also, do they know the current version of the Mac OS X dump utility doesn't work (at least not on Snow Leopard for a Matshita UJ898)?

Are they working on one that works, or is there a link to a newer version?

I suppose I'm just fine as long as I can download the modifed firmware images and the flasher utility works. It's just nice to be able to backup my firmware (which I was able to do through Windows, but again, it'd be nice to not have to install a Windows side).

Jake

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 666 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27  Next