The Firmware Page

It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:07 am

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:35 am 
Rookie

Hei there
I am having problems using anyDVD with my Matshita UJ982 drive. I understand that i need one RPC1 firmware in order to unlock region issue. On the forum i can find the tools for both flashing and dumping firmware. What i wonder is if these steps are usefull also for my drive? Is there any other options in order to solve this problem? Or, if anybody can suggest other tools in order to unlock the regioned DVDs? Thought i flash the drive and make a RPC1 file, is there any possibility to restore the originally RPC2 file later? Aftre searching the site i understand that i can not find any RPC1 firmware for Matshita UJ982, or is it me not beeing able to find this one?

Thanks for your respond folks.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:01 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

kalagebozorg wrote:
Hei there
I am having problems using anyDVD with my Matshita UJ982 drive. I understand that i need one RPC1 firmware in order to unlock region issue. On the forum i can find the tools for both flashing and dumping firmware. What i wonder is if these steps are usefull also for my drive? Is there any other options in order to solve this problem? Or, if anybody can suggest other tools in order to unlock the regioned DVDs? Thought i flash the drive and make a RPC1 file, is there any possibility to restore the originally RPC2 file later? Aftre searching the site i understand that i can not find any RPC1 firmware for Matshita UJ982, or is it me not beeing able to find this one?

Thanks for your respond folks.

please read the appropriate thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=46246

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:18 pm 
Rookie

Thanks for your quick respond, this topic is what i mentioned in my post. Is there anybofor dy who have tried these steps and find it working this particuler drive (UJ982)? I think i am going to give this a try but i still will be happy to know if the originaly frimware is restoreable?

And one more question. This post stats:
Important RPC1 basics:
When your drive is running in RPC1 mode, you need a software tool to handle the region changes. Under Windows you could use DVD Region Killer. Without such a tool you still can not change the regions as you like.

Do i need such a tool if the update is sucsessfully done? My need is only for unlocking issues?

Thanks again for your quick respond.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:05 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

kalagebozorg wrote:
Thanks for your quick respond, this topic is what i mentioned in my post. Is there anybofor dy who have tried these steps and find it working this particuler drive (UJ982)? I think i am going to give this a try but i still will be happy to know if the originaly frimware is restoreable?

And one more question. This post stats:
Important RPC1 basics:
When your drive is running in RPC1 mode, you need a software tool to handle the region changes. Under Windows you could use DVD Region Killer. Without such a tool you still can not change the regions as you like.

Do i need such a tool if the update is sucsessfully done? My need is only for unlocking issues?

Thanks again for your quick respond.

the utility has been successfully used yes. Yes you need additional software, as this only addresses the drive lock. You need software to bypass windows and player restrictions, such as powerdvd etc.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:38 pm 
Rookie

Thanks again for quick respond. I used the utilities as posted and every step was sucsessfully done, no erros and no problems as some other posts mentioned. I executed the tools on Win7 Pro 64Bit version. Well done and tumbs up for the flasher!

The only thing not working after patching RPC1 file is autorun/start of the movies after inserting the DVDs in the drive! Do you have any suggestions how to get this function back in prosess? The same issue is for DATA-loaded CD/DVDs. But in this case i can autostart the drive with dobble-clicking on the drive. click is not working for movie-based DVDs or CDs?

Regarding the additional tool, i think i missunderstod the reason. My understanding was the need to change the region based on the actual DVD. But reading your last post, i think you mean a tool in orther to play DVDs? Or is th ere other reasons for installing such a tool? Do i understand you right?

For playing DVDs i use utilities as VLC and/or PowerDVD DX.

Thanks

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:14 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

autorun/autostart is something regarding the OS/registry, not anything regarding rpc1, rpc2, region code free etc.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967715/en-us

I am looking for DVD-R for Authoring DVD-R (A) & HD-DVD media, any size, any brand. Please pm me if you can help. \:D/

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:09 pm 
Rookie

Thanks

I know that, and i know there is not always some logical answers to all issues. But what i register is autorun was functioning normaly until i patched the drive. After patching, the funktion is dead as i described. Some hwo it has to be a connection between patching and the leak of this function.

In the same way, i did not experienced same problems as described in some posts in the forum, some had the same confiration and same need and using same tool!

Do this happen because there is no region defined on the drive?
Just to mention, i have checked the configuration of AUTORUN/PLAy on my terminal. The function is anabled and configured to run PowerDVD for DVD and other kind of Moviemedia. This indicates also that the issue is not from OS but from somewhere else?

regards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:30 pm 
Rookie

Hei again

i dont know which action solved the issue, but what i did was disabling both autoscan in anydvd and autorun, and anabled both again. There is no logical explanation here but it solved the problem.

Thanks for your posts and keep doing the nice job.

kalagebozorg

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:49 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

kalagebozorg wrote:
Hei again

i dont know which action solved the issue, but what i did was disabling both autoscan in anydvd and autorun, and anabled both again. There is no logical explanation here but it solved the problem.

Thanks for your posts and keep doing the nice job.

kalagebozorg

no problems. happy burning

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:12 pm 
Posting Wizard

kalagebozorg can you post a copy of the original & rpc1 firmware here please?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:12 am 
Rookie

I will we be happy to do that but someone must explain how to deal with this message i get when submitting the files in this post:

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

kalagebozorg

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:49 am 
Administrator
Administrator

kalagebozorg wrote:
I will we be happy to do that but someone must explain how to deal with this message i get when submitting the files in this post:

"Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached."

kalagebozorg

try uploading it now

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 12:02 pm 
Rookie

Firmware files for Matshita DVD+-RW UJ892.

These files was created and confirmed working on Win7 Pro 64Bit enviroment.

Attachments:
File comment: (RPC1) Firmware created/patched and fully working for Matshita DVD+-RW UJ982:
MATSHITADVD+-RW_UJ892___1.05_RPC1.zip [808.96 KiB]
Downloaded 330 times
File comment: Original firmware (RPC2) for Matshita DVD+-RW UJ982 dumped by dumptool:
MATSHITADVD+-RW_UJ892___1.05.zip [808.95 KiB]
Downloaded 235 times